Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
II 2.00 p.m.-8.00 p.m.
IV 8.00 a.m.-2.00 p.m.
consultations during her career
Virginija Kirtiklienė consults patients on spine and posture pathologies, neurological, rheumatic, and other disorders and diseases, and prescribes post-operative rehabilitation treatment. She also consults on physical activity and health improvement, and the use of music and art therapy in rehabilitation.
As part of her continuous professional development, Dr Kirtiklienė regularly participates in scientific conferences and courses in Lithuania and abroad, including the USA, Czechia, and Slovakia among others.
Lecturer at the Health and Sport Centre, Vilnius University, and assistant at the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre.
Diagnoses and treats the following diseases
- Asymmetry in shoulder posture
- Hunchback (increased thoracic kyphosis)
- Change in the position of the pelvis
- Irregular spaces between the trunk and arms
- Change in the paravertebral muscle tone of the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks
- Increased or decreased thoracic kyphosis
- Increased or decreased lumbar lordosis
- Foot arch and leg (X-shaped or O-shaped curvature) deformities
- Rheumatoid polyarthritis
- Discogenic radiculopathy
- Intervertebral disk hernia
- Spinal osteochondrosis, spondylosis
- Respiratory disorders
- Digestive disorders
- Injury (fractures, strains) induced disorders
- Lumbar backache, interscapular pain, neck pain
- Overall tension or loss of muscle tone
Most frequently ordered tests and procedures
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography scan
- X-ray exam
- Body composition analysis
- Aerobic (functional) capacity test and lactate test
- Pulmonary function tests (spirometry)
- Resting and exercise (stress) electrocardiograms
- Land-based therapy and aquatic therapy
- Remedial massage
- Manual therapy
- Kinesio taping
- Impulse current therapy
- Ultrasound therapy and phonophoresis (technique to enhance the delivery of medication with ultrasound waves)
- Pulsed low-frequency magnetic field therapy with/without BEMER red light therapy
- Infrared laser therapy
- Microwave therapy
- Lymphatic drainage
- Paraffin and fango paraffin treatment
- Inhalation therapy
- Underwater massage
Patients about doctor
1981-1987 – clinical medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University.
1987-1988 – internship in internal medicine, Experimental Clinic under the Institute of Medical Scientific Research.
1991-1993 – residency in toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University.
2002-2004 – residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University.
2013-present – physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) physician, Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre.
2008-present – internist, Eye Laser Surgery Centre.
2004-2008 – PM&R physician, Vilnius University Antakalnio Hospital.
1991-2003 – clinical toxicologist, Vilnius Emergency University Hospital.
1988-1991 – internist, Antakalnio Polyclinics.
Physical medicine and rehabilitation physician.
Regularly participates in scientific-practical conferences and seminars on therapy, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and music and art therapy.
2011-present – assistant, Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre.
2013-present – lecturer, Health and Sport Centre, Vilnius University.