Ophthalmologists (eye diseases), Pediatric ophthalmologists (eye diseases)
consultations and eye procedures
Consults children and adults on any eye diseases.
Specialises in children’s eye disease treatment, especially in diagnosing and treatment of strabismus.
Dr. Aušrinė continues her professional development in Lithuania and abroad (in Belgium, Czech Republic, Latvia).
Dr. Aušrinė diagnoses and treats the following diseases
- Myopia, farsightedness, astigmatism
- Blepharitis and other eyelid pathology
- Neonatal dacryocystitis
- Hordeolum and chalazion stye
- Dry eye syndrome
- Retinal and optic nerve diseases
- Congenital glaucoma
- Congenital cataract
- Children’s eye traumas
- Eye changes when there is a systemic diseases, syndromes
Tests and procedures most frequently ordered or performed
- Examination of eye fundus
- Vision check
- Refraction exam
- Measuring of intraocular pressure
- Chalazion removal
- Measurement of strabismus angle
Patients about doctor
1996–2000, Kaunas University of Medicine, Medicine speciality.
2002–2003, Kaunas University of Medicine, primary residency.
2003–2006 m. Kaunas University of Medicine, secondary ophthalmology residency.
Work experience since 2003.
Since 2008 Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre, Ophthalmology Centre, ophthalmologist.
Since 2007, Vilnius University Children Hospital, Children Surgery Centre, Department of Ophthalmology, ophthalmologist.
Since 2003 Lithuanian-American UAB “Vision”, ophthalmologists.
In 2003, Riga University (Riga, Latvia), 1 week.
In 2005, Ghent University Hospital (Ghent, Belgium), 3 months.
In 2007, Charles University Hospital (Prague, Czech Republic), 1 week.
Participates in various ophthalmology conferences in Lithuania and abroad.
- Co-author of the article “Patient preference for a certain type of anaesthesia during cataract surgery”. Lithuanian ophthalmology, June 2004, Volume III, No. 1 (7):35-37.
- “Vision loss, caused by eye perforation in removing the cold sty”. Lithuanian ophthalmology, October 2004, Volume III, No. 2(8): 23.
- “Pressure alopecia after vitreoretinal surgery”. Lithuanian ophthalmology, October 2004, Volume III, No. 2(8): 24.
- Co-author of the scientific article “Cataract surgery trends in Lithuania”. Medicine, 2006: 42t, No. 5: 370-376.
- In 2003, conference of Lithuanian health science students and young researchers “Analysis of the enucleation causes, performed at KMUK, Eye Clinic”, Lithuania.
- In 2003, 52nd conference of Medical Students “Analysis of the enucleation causes, performed at KMUK, Eye Clinic”, Riga, Latvia.
- In 2005, 8th congress of Lithuanian Eye Doctors Society “Important issues of ophthalmology - Development of cataract surgeries in Lithuania”, Lithuania.
- In 2007, scientific practical conference “Important issues of ophthalmology - Epstein-Barr virus-induced neuroretinitis”, organized by KMU Eye Clinic and Lithuanian Eye Doctors Society, Lithuania.
The member of Lithuanian Eye Doctors Society.
Reading, music, singing, theatre, travelling, skiing, swimming, Pilates, spending time with others.