Nasal and nasopharyngeal examination with an endoscope/flexible fiberscope
This is the most common examination performed by an ENT doctor, also known throughout the world as the ‘gold standard’ for evaluating nasal and nasopharyngeal conditions.
The exam helps diagnose:
- chronic rhinitis;
- deviated septum;
- nasal polyposis;
- adenoid hypertrophy (more often in children);
- nasopharyngeal cyst, etc.
The exam allows the doctor to evaluate the treatment course (dynamics) and effectiveness and decide upon further treatment possibilities and the need for surgery.
Nasal and nasopharyngeal examination with an endoscope/flexible fiberscope helps detect and evaluate adenoid hypertrophy, adenoid size, and secretion around adenoids.
The examination is recommended for those who:
- suffer nasal diseases repeatedly (chronic rhinitis, sinusitis, etc.);
- have difficulty breathing through the nose;
- notice their sense of smell getting worse.
Nasal and nasopharyngeal examination with an endoscope/flexible fiberscope is painless, safe, and quick (takes 1-2 min).
The exam is performed at the ENT’s office.
Nasal, throat fibroscopy examination price
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
2 hours for the most common (routine) blood tests and urinalysis.
The reports of computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance tomography (MRT) imaging and other
instrumental examinations are usually ready immediately, i.e within 2-3 hours after the examination.
It is useful to know
- Before the procedure, the nasal mucosa is numbed and shrunk with medication to ensure the client is as comfortable as possible.
- A fine soft flexible fiberscope (or a rigid endoscope) is inserted through the nasal cavity. The doctor examines the nasal cavity, nasopharynx, and larynx, if needed.
It is painless, the only thing that might be unpleasant and a little bit irritating is the device (foreign body) itself touching the nasal cavity.
Afterwards the scanning results are evaluated and discussed and a more accurate diagnosis given.
No preparation is required for this examination.