Abdominal (stomach) ultrasound
Abdominal ultrasound is a quick, reliable, and painless way to examine internal organs using high-frequency sound waves. It is perfectly safe.
Abdominal ultrasound examination helps determine the state and pathological changes of the following organs:
- liver (cysts, tumours and metastases, changes in liver structure and size, etc.), portal vein (pathology);
- gallbladder and bile duct (gallbladder and bile duct polyps, gallstones, changes in bile duct diameter and shape, gallbladder inflammation, etc.);
- gallbladder motor function (more often in children);
- pancreas, spleen (pathology);
- appendix (appendicitis);
- abdominal aorta (pathology).
Usually your doctor would refer you for an abdominal ultrasound in order to obtain a more accurate diagnosis. But we encourage all individuals who are 40 years old and over to have a screening at least once a year in order to detect potential changes earlier and start treatment, if needed.
During the examination, some specialised jelly is applied to the skin on the area being examined. The jelly prevents air pockets from forming between the patient’s skin and the ultrasound transducer. This allows a higher resolution image to be displayed onto the computer screen.
The examination is performed by an ultrasound technician.
The exam takes from 15 to 30 min.
Results are available immediately after scanning.
Abdominal ultrasound examination price
Centre standard price Eur with a referral letter Centre For clients who are covered by compulsory health insurance
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Color videoprinter photo
Ultrasound examination of abdomen (liver, pancreas, gallblader and bile ducts, kidneys spleen) (echograms including).
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
Why you should choose us
- The examination is performed by qualified and highly experienced professionals.
- We use modern, safe, and reliable medical equipment from world’s leading manufacturers.
- We can arrange your appointment so that you can have the examination, consultation with the doctor and treatment plan prescribed on the same day.