Bladder ultrasound is a quick, reliable, and painless examination using high-frequency sound waves. It is perfectly safe.
Bladder ultrasound examination helps determine the state of the bladder and any pathological changes by showing:
- the content of the bladder and the bladder wall;
- diverticulum (a pouch);
- changes in ureteral orifice (ureterocele, concrements stuck in theureteral orifice);
Ultrasound is also used to obtain a biopsy (a sample of tissue) for closer examination, if needed.
During the examination, some specialised jelly is applied to the skin on the area being examined. The jelly prevents air pockets from forming between the patient’s skin and the ultrasound transducer. This allows a higher resolution image to be displayed onto the computer screen.
The examination is performed by an ultrasound technician.
The exam takes from 15 to 30 min.
Results are available immediately after scanning.
No special preparation is required for this examination.
Bladder ultrasound examination price
Centre standard price Eur with a referral letter Centre For clients who are covered by compulsory health insurance
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Color videoprinter photo
Ultrasound examination of the uropoiesis system
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
Why you should choose us
- The examination is performed by qualified and highly experienced professionals.
- We use modern, safe, and reliable medical equipment from the world’s leading manufacturers.
- We can arrange your appointment so that you can have the examination, consultation with the doctor and treatment plan prescribed on the same day.