Pregnancy ultrasound is a quick, reliable, and painless examination using high-frequency sound waves. It is perfectly safe.
Pregnancy ultrasound examination is used to:
- diagnose early pregnancy;
- observe foetal development and growth, and detect developmental defects.
Foetal screening is usually done 2 to 3 times during pregnancy.
Ultrasound is also used to obtain a biopsy (a sample of tissue) for closer examination, if needed. During the examination, some specialised jelly is applied to the skin on the area being examined. The jelly prevents air pockets from forming between the patient’s skin and the ultrasound transducer, thus allowing a higher resolution image to be displayed onto the computer screen.
The examination is performed by an ultrasound technician or an obstetrician-gynaecologist.
The exam takes from 15 to 30 min.
Results are available immediately after scanning.
No special preparation is required for this examination.
Pregnancy ultrasound examination price
Centre standard price Eur with a referral letter Centre For clients who are covered by compulsory health insurance
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Color videoprinter photo
Ultrasound detection of early pregnancy
Ultrasound detection of early pregnancy using vaginal probe.
Ultrasound examination of foetus
Ultrasound examination of foetus (twin and more)
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
Why you should choose us
- The examination is performed by qualified and highly experienced professionals.
- We use modern, safe, and reliable medical equipment from the world’s leading manufacturers.
- We can arrange your appointment so that you have your examination, consultation with the doctor and treatment plan prescribed on the same day.