Vascular and lymphatic ultrasound of the neck
Vascular and lymphatic ultrasound of the neck is a quick, reliable, and painless examination using high-frequency sound waves. It is perfectly safe. The examination involves evaluation of blood vessels, carotid and vertebral arteries, blood flow velocity, and lymph nodes in the neck.
Patients who have any of the symptoms below are usually referred for this examination:
- often suffer headaches and dizziness;
- hear ringing in the ears or head;
- see flashing lights;
- start feeling numbness of the limbs;
- have balance, coordination, or speech impaired;
- have diabetes;
- have high blood cholesterol;
- want to have narrowing of blood vessels orthrombosis (clots) determined;
- have had previous vascular surgery in the neck (for monitoring purposes).
Usually your doctor would refer you for a vascular ultrasound of the neck, but we encourage all individuals who are 60 years old and over to have a screening at least once every six months in order to detect potential changes earlier and start treatment, if needed.
Ultrasound is also used to obtain a biopsy (a sample of tissue) for closer examination, if needed.
During the examination, some specialised jelly is applied to the skin on the area being examined. The jelly prevents air pockets from forming between the patient’s skin and the ultrasound transducer. This allows a higher resolution image to be displayed onto the computer screen.
The examination is performed by an ultrasound technician.
The exam takes from 15 to 30 min.
Results are available immediately after scanning.
No special preparation is required for this examination.
Neck ultrasound examination price
Centre standard price Eur with a referral letter Centre For clients who are covered by compulsory health insurance
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Color videoprinter photo
Dupplex scan of vertebral arteries.
Ultrasound examination of thyroid gland and organs of forepart of neck with echograms
Ultrasound examination of thyroid gland or organs of forepart of neck with echograms
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
Why you should choose us
- The examination is performed by qualified and highly experienced professionals.
- We use modern, safe, and reliable medical equipment from the world’s leading manufacturers.
- We can arrange your appointment so that you can have the examination, consultation with the doctor and treatment plan prescribed on the same day.