Sigmoidoscopy - examination of the rectum with an optical system and a light source. Sigmoidoscopy helps diagnose haemorrhoids, inflammations, and cancers. During examination it is possible to take a biopsy and remove polyps.
Sigmoidoscopy examination is recommended when:
- blood appears in bowel movements,
- you suffer from constipation, diarrhoea
- you have diagnosed anaemia
- sudden weight loss reported, etc.
No special preparation is required for Sigmoidoscopy examination.
Cost of Sigmoidoscopy
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
2 hours for the most common (routine) blood tests and urinalysis.
The reports of computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance tomography (MRT) imaging and other
instrumental examinations are usually ready immediately, i.e within 2-3 hours after the examination.
Why it is worth choosing us
- The test can be done under analgesia. The patient does not experience unpleasant sensations.
- The examination is carried out by qualified, highly experienced professionals.
- Modern, safe and reliable medical equipment from the world's leading manufacturers is used.
- All endoscopes and their accessories are disinfected and sterilized in accordance with hygiene standards and ISO procedures.
Good to know
What can I expect during the examination?
Sigmoidoscopy is performed using intravenous general anaesthesia, so the subject does not experience any discomfort. The examination is supervised by an anaesthesiologist-reanimatologist and the patient does not experience any discomfort.
If polyps are detected during sigmoidoscopy, a separate procedure - endoscopic polypectomy - is carried out to remove them.
How is the examination performed?
Anaesthesia is applied to a patient before the examination. The patient is lying on the side during the examination. A special device – an optical system and a light source, is slowly introduced through the anus, allowing the doctor to examine the entire large intestine.
The duration of the examination is 15-30 minutes.
You will spend 2-3 hours at the clinic.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
Since sigmoidoscopy is performed with anaesthesia, you should come with an accompanying person because you cannot drive a car after the examination.
- LT, EN, RU
MD Radziunas Gintautas
Coloproctologist, Endoscopist, Abdominal surgeon
- LT, EN, RU
Gastroenterologist (Gastrointestinal Diseases), Endoscopist
- LT, EN
Abdominal surgeon, Endoscopist
- LT, RU, EN