COVID-19 quantitative antibody test
A COVID-19 quantitative antibody blood test is used to find out whether someone has had COVID-19.
SARS-CoV-2 antibodies develop when ill or recovered from COVID-19 disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, about 3-7 days after the first symptoms begin.
We recommend having an antibody test about 3 weeks after the symptoms show.
It is important to know that if the patient has had a symptom-free COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2 antibodies may not necessarily have formed.
What does the test show?
- It shows whether you have had COVID-19 infection.
- It allows to determine the antibody concentration once recovered from COVID-19.
- It allows to assess the immune status before vaccination in order to vaccinate people who do not yet have immunity.
- It shows the immune response triggered by COVID-19 vaccines after vaccination.
- It does not show whether you are infected with the coronavirus at the moment or if you can infect others.
The test is done on a blood sample.
The result is available in 2 hours.
COVID-19 quantitative antibody test price
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Anti - SARS-CoV-2 antibodies identification
Collecting samples from the patient in procedure room
SARS-CoV-2 antibodies test certificate
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
Why it is worth
to choose us for the COVID-19 test?
- We perform high-quality tests, which has been confirmed by our laboratory’s ISO 15189 certification.
- The results of the tests performed in our laboratory are explained by our staff, a service that is provided by only a few laboratories in the country.
- There is no risk of damage or mix-up of test samples during transportation, which statistically is one of the leading causes of ruined blood samples in labs.
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
We will send your test results via email. We usually have the test result prepared in 2 hours. At your request, we will send your test results to the email address you provide. To access the document you will need to type in a password, which we will send you in a text message.
A POSITIVE antibody test result means that you are or were infected with COVID-19.
A NEGATIVE antibody test result means that you have not been ill with COVID-19 but does not confirm that you are not sick with COVID now. You may also test NEGATIVE if the blood sample is drawn too soon, i.e., at the onset of the disease when the number of antibodies produced is too small.
Serology tests made on blood samples are used to detect virus-specific IgM and/or IgG-class antibodies that are produced in the body while infected.
The presence of virus-specific IgG in the blood may indicate that the person was infected with the virus but not necessarily that the person is ill or carries or spreads the virus now.
It is a simple test, which allows for the results to be obtained in a few hours.
Limitations of these tests:
- insufficient accuracy, as antibodies being present in the blood does not necessarily indicate the presence of the virus.
- IgM antibodies develop within a week and IgG antibodies within 2-3 weeks of the contraction of the infection.
- at the onset of the disease, the person may falsely test negative.
Serology tests can give false negative results if there has not been enough time for SARS-CoV-2 specific antibodies to develop at the time of the test, or false positives under particular pathologies when large amounts of different specific antibodies are present in the sample.