COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-22) RT-PCR testing
At our Center, we perform molecular (RT-PCR) testing for COVID-19 using a nasopharyngeal swab.
The test results will be ready on the same day. Test price – 79 Eur / 140 Eur (test results for 1 hour).
Sign-up and if necessary, obtain a test certificate.
It is recommended to perform the COVID-19 RT-PCR test if:
- You have symptoms specific to COVID-19: fever, cough, sore throat, loss of the sense of taste and smell, shortness of breath.
- You have returned from countries affected by the pandemic. The list of such countries is regularly updated and is available HERE.
- You have been in close contact with a person (possibly) infected with COVID-19.
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19. A repeat test is recommended 14 days after you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and two tests are performed within a 24-hour interval.
- Testing is recommended 5–7 days after a possible infection or contact with a person infected with COVID-19.
Testing is performed using a nasopharyngeal swab. At our Center we use ultra-thin, flexible nasopharyngeal swabs to ensure maximum comfort.
Price for coronavirus COVID-19 RT-PCR test and certificate
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Detection of Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and INFLUENZA A / B RNA (PCR method) in 1 hour
Issuance of a certificate for the detection of Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 RNA
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
The safety of our visitors, patients and employees remains a top priority at our Center, therefore prior registration for testing is mandatory.
Upon arrival to our Center, please have your personal identity document (a passport, an identity card or a driving licence) and wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
Please come for a visit at the exact time of your registration and enter the building through the side door on the left from the main entrance.
Why it is worth
to choose us for the COVID-19 test?
- We will perform high quality testing. Our laboratory is accredited for ISO 15189.
- Laboratory experts will comment on the test results. Only a small number of national laboratories provide such service.
- There is no risk of damage or mixing up of test samples due to transportation, which is statistically one of the most common causes of the damage of the blood samples in laboratories.
How is a nasopharyngeal swab for COVID-19 taken?
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the new coronavirus. Coronaviruses are present in animals, but some of them cause infections in humans.
The virus enters the human body through respiratory droplets (coughing, sneezing, talking, etc.) and begins to multiply. Available data suggest that the virus spreads rapidly through close contact with the infected person. It is not yet confirmed how long the virus survives on different surfaces, therefore the who recommends that surfaces and hands be regularly disinfected for virus prevention purposes.
Incubation period. The period during which the symptoms of the disease occur has not been clearly established. Based on the available data, a person is considered to be healthy if symptoms have not occurred within two weeks (14 days) of the potential date of infection.
Treatment: There is currently no approved treatment for COVID-19. The treatment is symptomatic – anti-inflammatory medications, oxygen therapy, and mechanical ventilation of the lungs are used.
The duration of the disease depends on its severity. Today it is known that people aged 60 years and older with chronic diseases are affected most seriously.
Prevention. The most effective currently proven way to prevent COVID-19 is disinfecting and cleaning hands with soap. These measures help destroy viruses if they are on the hands.
Prepared according to the WHO guidelines.
- If you have been tested because you have returned from a foreign country that is on the list of countries upon return from which you must self-isolate, you must not go to work and must self-isolate for 14 days after your return to Lithuania.
The list of countries upon return from which you must self-isolate is regularly updated and is available HERE.
- If you have been tested because you have been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days after the last contact day, even if your COVID-19 test is negative.
- If you have been tested because you have symptoms specific to COVID-19, please contact your GP with your test results regarding treatment and/or self-isolation.
- If the nasopharyngeal swab is performed Monday –Friday before 00, the test results will be ready on the same day after 18.00.
- If the nasopharyngeal swab is performed Monday –Friday after 00, the test results will be ready the next working day after 18.00.
- If the nasopharyngeal swab is performed on Saturday, the test results will be ready next Monday after 18.00.
- Your test results will be available in the ESPBI You, your GP or another physician will be able to see the results by connecting to the system. The ESPBI system is available at https://www.esveikata.lt/.
- We may also send your test results by e-mail. To retrieve the document you will be sent an SMS message with a password.
In COVID-19 RT-PCR test, the virus RNA (genetic material) is identified and subsequently in several steps is transformed to DNA (genetic cell information). Using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) the DNA fragment is amplified millions of times.
During the PCR, fluorescent DNA-binding dyes are added to the reaction. Because fluorescence of these dyes increases in the presence of double-stranded DNA, DNA synthesis can be monitored as an increase in fluorescent signal. Special equipment is required to record the fluorescent signal and such tests can only be performed in specialized laboratories.
Advantage of the test:
- This is a highly accurate and sensitive testing method for the virus. The viral RNA is detected at any stage of infection as soon as the virus is present in the nasopharyngeal.
Disadvantage of the test:
- Complex and expensive technology and it takes a few hours to get results.
- The test may only be performed in special laboratories.
The who does not recommend serology tests for SARS-CoV-2, because currently there is insufficient data regarding their reliability. Such tests may be used for scientific research or for epidemiological research of the SARS-CoV-2 infection.
According to the recommendations of the World Health Organization (who), molecular SARS-CoV-2 RNA tests are considered the gold-standard diagnostic laboratory test for COVID-19.
RT-PCR tests are of high (95%) sensitivity and specificity (only SARS-CoV-2 genome sequences are detected and no cross-reactivity with other coronaviruses are indicated).
Blood-based serology tests determine virus-specific IgM and/or IgG-class antibodies formed during viral infection.
The presence of virus-specific IgG in the blood may indicate that the person was infected with the virus, but is not necessarily ill, infectious and able to transmit the virus to another person.
The test is simple and it takes a few hours to get results.
Disadvantage of the test:
- Insufficient accuracy, because the presence of antibodies in the blood does not indicate the presence of the virus.
- IgM antibodies develop within one week and IgG levels develop within 2 to 3 weeks of infection.
- At the start of the infection, false negative results may be obtained.
The result of serology tests may be false negative if no SARS-CoV-2 specific antibodies were formed at the time of testing, or the result may be false positive in the case of some pathologies where high levels of other specific antibodies are present in the sample.
No, the vaccine against seasonal influenza does not protect against the coronavirus infection.
The incubation period for COVID-19, which is the time between exposure to the virus (becoming infected) and symptom onset, is on average 5-6 days, however can be up to 14 days. During this period, also known as the “pre- symptomatic” period, some infected persons can be contagious.
If you have been tested preventively, you must act according to the requirements at your workplace.
Any patient who has registered in advance can get tested.
After taking COVID-19 RT-PCR test using a nasopharyngeal swab, if required, a certificate is issued in the English and Russian languages if the test result is negative. The certificate is signed using a qualified electronic signature and sent by email to you. To retrieve the document you will be sent an SMS message with a password.
- We will contact you personally about your test results.
- We will send information about you to the National Public Health Centre (NVSC).
- You will be contacted by NVSC specialists to inform you about further actions.
- You will have to self-isolate and follow the recommendations of NVSC specialists.