Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive laser method used to examine the internal structure of the eye.
OCT helps examine the optic disc, the layers of the choroid and retina and their thickness.
When is optical coherence tomography used?
- when the patient has: glaucoma or is a glaucoma suspect, an optic nerve disease, age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), diabetic retinopathy, retinal inflammation, an epiretinal membrane, inherited dystrophies, etc.
- when the state of the cornea and iris needs to be evaluated (for instance, prior to laser eye surgery);
- when the cause of vision problems needs to be determined.
Our Centre is equipped with an OCT machine that has high-speed high-resolution imaging, allowing us to diagnose the finest alterations (5 micrometers in size) of the anterior segment of the eye, cornea and iris.
During the examination, the patient is seated with the forehead pressing against the support of the machine. The patient has to look into the lens of the machine and focus on an object, a cross.
The examination is painless. It is non-invasive.
The examination is prescribed and carried out by an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or specially trained nurse.
The exam takes from 1 to 5 minutes. Results are available immediately after the exam.
No special preparation is usually needed for this exam, except for cases when the pupils are dilated. Then your vision will be slightly blurred and you will not be able to drive for one to two hours after the exam.
Optical coherence tomography price
Centre standard price Eur with a referral letter Centre For clients who are covered by compulsory health insurance
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) due to glaucoma (TTNSS + GL + RDL + pachymetry)
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
to choose us
- The examination is performed by qualified and highly experienced professionals.
- We use modern, safe, and reliable medical equipment from the world’s leading manufacturers.
- We can arrange your appointment so that you can have the examination, consultation with the doctor and treatment plan prescribed on the same day.