A saggy abdomen is a health issue, as well as an aesthetic nuisance, as it damages the spine and the organs of the lesser pelvis and prevents the muscles which have been overstretched from protecting the internal organs.
Abdominoplasty is the single most effective way to remove excess skin and fat after a pregnancy, gynaecological surgeries, or weight loss and to pull up the muscles of the abdomen.
Abdominoplasty is recommended if:
- there is some excess abdominal skin after a pregnancy or extreme weight loss;
- the abdominal wall becomes weaker due to the stretched abdominal muscles, which results in a protruding belly that cannot be corrected with diet or sport.
At our Centre, we can perform several plastic-aesthetic surgeries at the same time to achieve the maximum effect and save the patient from additional anaesthesia.
Abdominoplasty price includes a consultation with a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, lab tests needed prior to the surgery, and the surgery itself.
The patient can see the skin lift effect immediately, the final result is achieved in 3-4 months.
Can be combined with liposuction, umbilicoplasty, and other surgeries.
The surgery takes 3-4 hours.
The patient spends 1-2 days at the Centre in total.
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
What should you know about the surgery?
Prior to the surgery, tell your doctor if:
- you are allergic;
- you take anticoagulants or have coagulation disorders (thrombosis included);
- you have diabetes and take medication;
- you have been diagnosed with cancer;
- you have had corticosteroid injections in the last 6 weeks;
- you have a heart pacemaker implanted;
- you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant;
- you have immunosuppression;
- you feel unwell on the day of the surgery;
- you have been ill prior to the procedure (a fever, flu, cold);
- you smoke (abstaining is recommended for at least 4 weeks prior to surgery).
- a complete blood count;
- blood coagulation test (APTT);
- electrocardiogram (EKG) and its evaluation;
- blood glucose level test;
- other tests if you have chronic diseases, as prescribed by your doctor.
The patient can bring their test records from other healthcare institutions, or they may have them done at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in 2 hours. Prices of the tests performed at the Centre. The tests must be performed no earlier than 14 days before the surgery.
The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia. The level of the surgery depends on the deformity of the abdomen, i.e. a partial abdominoplasty (only the lower abdomen is corrected) or a full abdominoplasty of the abdominal wall may be chosen. At the same time, abdominal muscles are often tightened and if there is a hernia it too can be repaired.
An incision is made in the lower abdomen near the pubis, the skin and the hypodermis are detached from the muscles, the ‘corset’ muscle is tightened with special suture, the excess skin and hypodermis is removed, the navel is moved (stitched) to a new place in the abdomen, if needed.
Depending on the pre-planned level of the surgery liposuction may be performed.
Once the excess skin and hypodermis are removed, some stretch marks disappear and others become less noticeable because of the skin lift.
A horizontal scar at the bikini line is easily covered with underwear. The incision around the navel is usually not pronounced.
After the surgery the incision is stitched up and covered with a special plaster.
The patient is cared for by the medical staff at our Centre for 1-2 days after the surgery. All plastic-aesthetic surgeries cause a slight or more noticeable pain, which may be relieved with prescribed painkillers.
Your surgeon will schedule your next appointment after the surgery.
Potential post-operative bruising, haematomas, or swelling usually disappear in a few days.
The patient can resume their normal and physically non-demanding activities 7-14 days after the surgery. Intense physical activity is not recommended before 4-6 weeks. The patient has to wear a special corset for 6-8 weeks after the surgery.
A pregnancy during the first year after the surgery or a significant weight change may negatively affect the results of the surgery.
If you come from abroad, you will discuss all the details (when you can take a flight and what post-operative care is needed) together with your doctor after the surgery.
We do not issue sick leave certificates after aesthetic surgeries, therefore, if you are not going back to work immediately after the surgery, you should plan to schedule your post-operative period (at least two weeks) as a holiday.
Recommendations for 2-4 weeks after the surgery:
- eat light meals—porridges, salad, broths 4-5 times a day in small portions;
- drink a lot of liquids—2 l of still water, tea;
- do not diet;
- reduce physical activity, have more rest;
- do not consume alcohol, it may cause undesirable complications;
- avoid catching a cold—dress warmly in the cold season, pay special attention to your feet;
- try to sit and sleep only bent so that the back and knees are at an angle;
- do not sleep in a prone or lateral position;
- do not press or otherwise move the area that has undergone surgery;
- do not lift heavy objects;
- wear a corset as prescribed by the doctor (for 6-8 weeks). Constant wearing of the corset (day and night) reduces the swelling of the tissues and the wrinkle and hollow formation and prevents the build-up of fluid between the muscles and the fat tissue. The corset should not feel too tight.
- in the shower: you can take off the corset; wash yourself with lukewarm water; ask someone to help you in the shower; you do not need to remove the plaster, it is alright if it gets wet.
- While you are lying in bed in the first few days after the surgery, do breathing exercises and move your feet every hour—this will prevent blood from accumulating in the veins of the calves.
Do not worry if you put on weight after the surgery—the body accumulates fluids; once you start being more active, the fluids will disappear and you will return to your usual weight.
To choose us
- Consultation and exams done in 1 day.
- The surgery can be performed the same or the next week after the consultation.
- The rate of hospital-acquired infections is 0 in 5 years.
- The surgery is performed by some of the most experienced doctors in Lithuania.