Breast augmentation with fat
Breast augmentation with fat is a natural way to give your breasts the shape and volume you want. This method is particularly suitable for major shape adjustments, such as removing fat from the abdomen, waist, thighs, arms and transferring them to the chest and/or buttocks.
Breast enhancement looks more natural, the scars are less visible, post-operative care is easier, and there is less risk of allergic complications than breast augmentation with implants.
It is important to know that breast augmentation with fat is not suitable for women who expect more noticeable changes in appearance. It may take several surgeries to achieve the desired result.
Breast augmentation with fat is the right solution if:
- you want to adjust your breasts naturally,
- you want to adjust a small breast asymmetry,
- you want to avoid implant capsule contracture, future implant replacement surgery,
- you are psychologically uncomfortable with the appearance of your breasts.
At our Center, liposuction operations are performed by combining two modern, effective liposuction methods – infrasound infiltration and lipomodeling. It is a shorter, less painful and more effective operation. This is an important benefit for women planning breast augmentation with their own fat along with liposuction in problem areas of the body.
Cost of breast augmentation surgery
The cost of breast augmentation surgery includes consultation by a plastic and reconstructive surgery physician, breast echoscopy and the laboratory tests required before surgery, surgery and any additional post-operative measures (such as the bra after breast surgery), catering (from day 2).
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
2 hours for the most common (routine) blood tests and urinalysis.
The reports of computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance tomography (MRT) imaging and other
instrumental examinations are usually ready immediately, i.e within 2-3 hours after the examination.
What should you know about the surgery?
You should tell your doctor before surgery if:
- you are allergic;
- you take anticoagulants or have coagulation disorders (thrombosis included);
- you have diabetes and take medication;
- you have been diagnosed with cancer;
- you have had corticosteroid injections in the last 6 weeks;
- you have a heart pacemaker implanted;
- you are pregnant or planning to become pregant;
- you have immunosuppression;
- you feel unwell on the day of the surgery;
- you have been ill prior to the procedure (a fever, flu, cold);
- you smoke (abstaining is recommended for at least 4 weeks prior to surgery).
- General blood count,
- blood coagulation test (ADTL),
- electrocardiogram (ECG) with evaluation,
- blood glucose test,
- other tests if you have a chronic illness and are taking medications prescribed by your doctor.
The patient can bring their test records from other healthcare institutions, or they may have them done at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in 2 hours. Prices of the tests performed at the Centre. The tests must be performed no earlier than 14 days before the surgery.
Breast surgery is performed using general or local anaesthesia.
At the fat removal site, small incisions are made through which a metal cannula is inserted, and fat is removed. The fat is then specially prepared, and injected. Transplantation fat is taken from those problem areas where the largest layer of subcutaneous fat is found: lumbar, abdominal, sometimes the thighs or back.
More fat is always injected, as only up to 50 percent heals well – part of the transplanted cells is accepted by the body as normal adipose tissue, and non-adherent fat cells are broken down, carried around and removed.
After the operation, a compression bra is worn, the fat suction (incision) areas are sealed with special patches.
After the operation you will spend 1-3 days in our clinic under the supervision of medical staff. All plastic-aesthetic surgeries cause a slight or more noticeable pain, which may be relieved with prescribed painkillers. Breast swelling usually resolves within 4-5 weeks after this operation. The final result of the operation is visible after 3-4 months, when the transplanted fat is fully recovered.
Your doctor will arrange the date and time of your next visit.
You will be able to resume your daily non-physical activity 5-7 days after surgery. We recommend that you do not do any active physical activity for 4-6 weeks. During that 4-6 weeks You will need to wear a special bra or corset day and night, then only at night and/or during physical activities.
If you come from abroad, you will discuss all the details (when you can take a flight and what post-operative care is needed) together with your doctor after the surgery.
We do not issue sick leave certificates after aesthetic surgeries, therefore, if you are not going back to work immediately after the surgery, you should plan to schedule your post-operative period as a holiday.
Recommendations for the first 2-3 weeks after surgery:
- do not lift heavy objects,
- rest more, avoid getting colds,
- do not sleep on your stomach, do not suddenly move your hands,
- sleep on your back,
- in the shower: wash with lukewarm water, ask someone to help you (as you cannot lift your hands high), there is no need to remove the patches, they can get wet,
- do not massage the body where the fat was transplanted,
- avoid exercise and sports
After breast surgery, we recommend periodic breast examination - mammologist consultation, echoscopy, mammography examinations at least once every 2 years, even if you have no complaints or feel any symptoms of concern.
You can breastfeed after breast augmentation surgery and you should undergo routine diagnostic tests – sonography, mammography.
- when breast cancer is identified as a health hazard,
- in the case of viral diseases, infections (surgery can be scheduled after full recovery),
- high blood pressure (the risk to the surgery is assessed by your doctor).
As with any surgery, fat breast augmentation surgery has some risks that you need to discuss with your operating doctor:
- Usually up to 50 percent of fat heals up,
- it usually takes 2-5 surgeries to achieve the desired result,
- there is a risk of fat necrosis when the transplanted fat pieces die and form a painless, hard, round globule.
To choose us
- Consultation and research - within 1 day.
- We can have surgery the same week or the next week after the initial consultation.
- Hospital infection rate is 0 over 5 years.
- Surgeries are performed by the most experienced doctors in Lithuania.