Breast reduction is a solution for women who suffer from large breasts and discomfort. The surgery can solve the problems of back pain, breathing problems, unwanted sweating and skin swelling, as well as inflammation under the breasts. Extremely large breasts can be one of the causes of weight gain and related health problems – increasing the risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease.
Breast reduction surgery is recommended if:
- you experience aesthetic discomfort and psychological dissatisfaction,
- you want to get rid of back, neck, spinal pain, breathing problems,
- you want to get rid of chest swelling due to excessive sweating under the breasts,
- you want to change the shape of your breasts – lift (called mastopexy), even your breasts.
After breast reduction surgery the top of breast is not completely filled in, thus, those who want to have the plump breasts, breast correction is carried out using the implants.
In our Centre, several plastic-aesthetic operations can be performed at the same time for maximum effect, thus avoiding additional anaesthesia.
Cost of breast reduction surgery
The cost of breast reduction surgery includes consultation by a plastic and reconstructive surgery physician, breast echoscopy and laboratory tests required before surgery, surgery and any additional post-operative measures (such as a bra after breast surgery), catering (from day 2).
Consultation with a physician
Health status is assessed
Expectations are discussed, surveys are performed
Modelling future outcome
The most appropriate solution is recommended
Duration - 30-60 minutes.
Breast echoscopy examination
- Health status and possible complications are assessed.
- Duration - 30-60 minutes.
Breast reduction surgery with general anaesthesia
- The effect is visible straight away, final – after 4-6 weeks.
- Duration – 2-4 val.
- You will spend 24 hours at the clinic.
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
What should you know about the surgery?
You should tell your doctor before surgery if:
- you are allergic;
- you take anticoagulants or have coagulation disorders (thrombosis included);
- you have diabetes and take medication;
- you have been diagnosed with cancer;
- you have had corticosteroid injections in the last 6 weeks;
- you have a heart pacemaker implanted;
- you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant;
- you have immunosuppression;
- you feel unwell on the day of the surgery;
- you have been ill prior to the procedure (a fever, flu, cold);
- you smoke (abstaining is recommended for at least 4 weeks prior to surgery).
- general blood count,
- blood coagulation test (ADTL),
- electrocardiogram (ECG) with evaluation,
- blood glucose test,
- other tests if you have a chronic illness and have medication prescribed by your doctor.
- The patient can bring their test records from other healthcare institutions, or they may have them done at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in 2 hours. Prices of the tests performed at the Centre. The tests must be performed no earlier than 14 days before the surgery.
Breast surgery will be carried out under general anaesthesia.
During surgery, a shrunken nipple is reduced and lifted, and excess breast tissue is removed. There are two main types of incision that are used to perform breast reduction surgery: anchor reduction – a method of breast reduction with an inverted T-shaped incision – or vertical reduction – when a minor excess of tissue is required for removal. The incision sites are stitched with dissolvable thread, leaving hardly visible scars.
After the operation, the breasts are covered with a special bandage and the patient wears a compression bra.
After the operation you will spend 1-3 days in our clinic under the supervision of medical staff. All plastic-aesthetic surgeries cause a slight or more noticeable pain, which may be relieved with prescribed painkillers.
Your surgeon will schedule your next appointment after the surgery. The stitches do not need to be removed - they will dissolve themselves.
You will be able to return to daily, non-physical activity 5-7 days after surgery. We recommend that you do not do any strenuous physical activity until after 3 months. You will also need to wear a special bra for 5-6 weeks.
If you come from abroad, you will discuss all the details (when you can take a flight and what post-operative care is needed) together with your doctor after the surgery.
We do not issue sick leave certificates after aesthetic surgeries, therefore, if you are not going back to work immediately after the surgery, you should plan to schedule your post-operative period as a holiday
Recommendations for the first 2-3 weeks after surgery:
- do not lift heavy objects,
- walk slowly around the room at least 6 times a day,
- rest more, avoid getting a cold,
- sleep on your back,
- In the shower: you can take off the bra while you shower, wash with lukewarm water; ask someone to help (as you cannot lift your hands high), no need to remove the patches, they can get wet,
Lymphatic drainage procedures help you recover faster after surgery - you will feel uncomfortable stretching and swelling for a shorter period of time.
Protect your post-operative scar from direct sunlight for at least 6 months to minimize scarring.
If the breasts are small, there will be smaller post-operative scars.
Avoid sudden weight loss or gain after surgery to avoid further breast shape correction operations in the future.
Not recommended for the first 2-3 weeks:
- Moving your elbows behind your back, raising your hands suddenly, pushing, pulling, do sudden movements with your hands (getting out of bed, etc.), you can raise your arms to shoulder level. Due to the restriction of hand movements, the back and neck may feel numb,
- Combing your hair yourself or washing your hair,
- pressing or otherwise moving the operated site,
- driving a car (at least 7 days).
After breast surgery, we recommend periodic breast examinations – mammologist consultation, echoscopy, mammography examinations at least once every 2 years, if you have no complaints or feel any symptoms of concern.
- when breast cancer is identified as a health hazard,
- in the case of viral diseases, infections (surgery can be scheduled after full recovery),
- high blood pressure (the risk to the surgery is assessed by your doctor).
Breast reduction surgery is not recommended for women who are planning to breastfeed in the future because the duct between the nipple and mammary glands is damaged.
To choose us
- Consultation and research - within 1 day.
- The surgery can be performed the same or the next week after the consultation.
- Hospital infection rate is 0 over 5 years.
- Surgeries are performed by the most experienced doctors in Lithuania.
Plastic and reconstructive surgeon
- LT, EN, RU, PL, BY