The shape of the navel mostly depends on the way it was formed after the umbilical cord was cut, as well as on age, weight changes, pregnancy, injuries, and some medical interventions.
A navel which protrudes out of the abdomen by more than half a centimetre is considered to be incorrectly formed.
Umbilicoplasty can correct the shape of the navel and relieve discomfort related to it.
Umbilicoplasty is recommended if:
- the navel is protruding out of the abdomen by more than half a centimetre;
- umbilical hernia is diagnosed;
- the patient wishes to correct piercing defects (tearing).
At our Centre, we can perform several plastic-aesthetic surgeries at the time to have the maximum effect and save the patient from additional anaesthesia.
Umbilicoplasty price includes a consultation with a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, lab tests needed prior to the surgery, and the surgery itself.
The overall health is evaluated
Expectations are discussed, the area of concern is examined
Future results are modelled
The optimal solution is recommended
The consultation takes 30-60 minutes
under local anaesthesia
Changes are instantly visible
Can be combined with abdominoplasty or other plastic surgeries
The surgery takes 1 hour.
The patient spends 3-4 hours at the Centre in total.
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
What should you know about the surgery?
Prior to the surgery, tell your doctor if:
- you are allergic;
- you take anticoagulants or have coagulation disorders (thrombosis included);
- you have diabetes and take medication;
- you have been diagnosed with cancer;
- you have had corticosteroid injections in the last 6 weeks;
- you have a heart pacemaker implanted;
- you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant;
- you have immunosuppression;
- you feel unwell on the day of the surgery;
- you have been ill prior to the procedure (a fever, flu, cold);
- you smoke (abstaining is recommended for at least 4 weeks prior to surgery).
- a complete blood count;
- blood coagulation test (APTT);
- electrocardiogram (EKG) and its evaluation;
- blood glucose level test;
- other tests if you have chronic diseases, as prescribed by your doctor.
The patient can bring their test records from other healthcare institutions, or they may have them done at the Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in 2 hours. Prices of the tests performed at the Centre. The tests must be performed no earlier than 14 days before the surgery.
Usually the surgery is performed under local anaesthesia. If the surgery is more invasive, for example, umbilicoplasty is combined with abdominoplasty, general anaesthesia is used.
Based on an individual case, different methods are used:
- in the case of umbilical hernia, the hernia is corrected and excess skin is removed;
- in the case of excess skin, the excess skin is removed and the remaining parts of the navel are fixed to the abdominal wall;
- in the case of a concave but relatively wide navel, the navel is narrowed.
Sometimes the old navel is removed and a new one is formed to avoid scars.
In the case of other deformities, an individual corrective method is selected.
After the surgery the incision is stitched up and covered with a special plaster.
The patient is cared for a few hours after the surgery by the medical staff at our Centre. After umbilicoplasty, the patient may feel a slight pain which can be relieved with painkillers.
It is a minimally invasive surgery. The patient can go home immediately after the surgery.
Minor post-operative bruising, haematomas, or swelling usually disappear in a few days.
The patient may resume their usual routine the next day after the surgery. If you are a professional athlete or do other intense physical activities, discuss a suitable post-operative regime with your doctor.
To choose us
- Consultation and exams done in 1 day.
- The surgery can be performed the same or the next week after the consultation.
- The rate of hospital-acquired infections is 0 in 5 years.
- The surgery is performed by some of the most experienced doctors in Lithuania.