Hydro-kinesiotherapy combines two natural biological factors – movement and water.
In certain cases, hydro-kinesiotherapy can be considerably more efficient than kinesiotherapy in the gym, as water aids movement, can alleviate or eliminate pain, helps to relax, improves mood and has an overall positive effect on the body.
Movement in the water helps to restore reduced body functions, regain flexibility of the joints and strengthen muscles.
Benefits of hydro-kinesiotherapy:
- Reduces muscle tone;
- Alleviates pain;
- Encourages diuresis – improves renal function;
- Hemodynamic changes occur – end-systolic and minute volume of the heart are enlarged, contraction frequency decreases, central venous pressure and pulmonary pressure increases;
- Increases breathing resistance – vital capacity of the lungs and expiratory reserve volume decrease;
- Stimulates the endocrine system;
- Decreases the load of the body weight on the joints;
- Slows the decline of bone density.
Different types of flotation devices are used in the water to help with exercises; a variety of arm and leg weights, floating boards, sticks, balls and discs enable patients to stay afloat in the water and move in the correct way.
Hydro-kinesiotherapy cannot be prescribed if the patient suffers from a progressive illness, severely abnormal heart rhythm, unstable angina, hypertensive crisis, hypotensive crisis, epilepsy, contagious skin diseases, open wounds, increased sensitivity to chlorine, inflammation of the eye, ear etc., and fungal diseases.
The Centre provides towels, hairdryers and private lockers.
Regular price Regular For clients who are not covered by compulsory health insurance
Baby swimming in the pool (up to 1 year old) in a group of up to 3 people (45 min.)
Baby swimming in the pool (up to 1 year old) in a group of up to 3 people (45 min.) (5 times)
Kinesitherapy in the pool (treadmill, bicycle, vertical bath) in a group of up to 3 people. (45 min.)
Kinesitherapy in the pool (treadmill, bicycle, vertical bath) in a group of up to 3 people. (45 min.) (10 times)
Kinesitherapy in the pool /vertical bath (45 min.) in a group of up to 3 per. 5 times
Swimming for infant or child up to 3 years (for 5 times)
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
- Almost all required services are provided under one roof.
- Your visit can be arranged so that you will have the test, a doctor’s consultation and treatment advice on the same day.
- Renovated premises and latest equipment.