Colposcopy is a method used to examine the cervix and vagina with a colposcope – an optical magnification instrument. If needed, a biopsy can be taken for further testing.
The procedure is carried out in the following cases:
- There are changes in the cervix;
- If the smear results are abnormal. The procedure is then needed in order to define the location, grade and spread of the abnormal cells, and to find the most suitable part for biopsy;
- Remove the focal point of the disease;
- For preventive reasons.
Colposcopy, together with the HPV and PAP tests are the most effective methods for diagnosing precancerous cervix changes and cancer, therefore our doctors recommend having these tests at least once per year for preventive reasons.
The colposcopy examination is pain free. It is carried out after urination, in the gynaecological chair.
The examination is carried out by the obstetrician-gynaecologist.
Duration – about 15–20 min. Result – immediately after the examination.
No special preparations are needed, but it is recommended to avoid sexual activity during the 24 hours prior to the examination.
Price of colposcopy examination
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
When are the examinations are carried out:
to choose us
- The examination is carried out by qualified specialists.
- Modern, safe and reliable medical equipment of the world’s leading producers.
- Consultations, tests and treatment prescribed – all in 1 day.