Correction of the inverted (indrawn) nipples
Statistically inverted (indrawn) nipples have been reported in about 10 percent of females. mm in diameter. Medically the ideally shaped nipple has a cylinder shape; 8 mm in diameter (range 6 to 10 mm). If the nipple is larger than 1 cm of height and of width, nipple hypertrophy is diagnosed. Usually the disorder develops bilaterally – symmetrically.
The causes of inverted nipples development:
- too short milk ducts or insufficiency of supporting tissue predetermining nipple emersion,
- heredity (genetics),
- a trauma, infection or oncological breast diseases,
- a complicated breastfeeding defect.
Nipple plastic surgery is a solution allowing to get rid of psychological discomfort and potential health problems.
Qualitatively done surgery does not have any effect on the nipple sensitivity. Usually breastfeeding of baby is possible immediately after the surgery, however, if disconnection of milk ducts from the nipple is required breastfeeding after the surgery will be impossible. It is important to understand that the course of surgery and expectations should be honestly discussed with the plastic surgeon before the surgery.
Several plastic surgeries can be done concomitantly at our Centre (such as breast lifting and/or enlargement, fat suction surgeries) aiming to obtain the maximum effect and o avoid additional anaesthesia.
Price of the surgery for the correction of inverted nipples
What factors affect the price?
The prices indicated below apply to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union.
If you are coming from another country please check the price by telephoning or sending an email.
What should you know about the surgery?
You should inform the physician before the surgery if you:
- have any allergy,
- take medicines affecting blood coagulations or experience blood coagulation disorders (also thrombosis),
- have diabetes mellitus and take medicines,
- were diagnosed with cancer,
- were treated with injectable corticosteroids within the last 6 weeks,
- have a pacemaker implanted,
- experience immunosuppression,
- feel unwell on the day of the procedure,
- got ill before the procedure (fever developed, flue and cold manifested),
- are a smoker (It is recommended to abstain from smoking for at least 4 weeks before the surgery).
- General blood count.
- blood coagulation test (APTT),
- electrocardiogram (ECG) with assessment,
- blood glucose level test,
- other tests, if you have chronic diseases and the tests were prescribed by your physician.
The patient can bring the test excerpts from other healthcare establishments or to have them done at the Medicine Diagnostics and Treatment centre in 2 hours; the price of the tests done at the Centre. The tests should be carried out not later than 14 days ago.
The surgery is carried out under a local anaesthesia.
The height and width of the nipple or both together should be reduced during the surgery. The amount of skin to be resected is recorded before the surgery. The small special incisions are made in the nipple area and anatomically usual nipple position is formed.
The scar usually is about 1 cm long along the inferior margin of the nipple in the skin fold, thus is usually invisible.
Gradually, if physician's recommendations are followed (sun is avoided), the scar is getting smaller and less observable
The 1st day after the surgery you will spend at our clinic under supervision of the medical staff. More or less severe pain is present after all plastic - aesthetic surgeries, which can be controlled by medicines. Usually the absorbable sutures are used during the surgery, that d not require removal afterwards, except the cases when nipple plastic surgery is carried out together with other corrections. IN such cases non-absorbable sutures can be used for you to ensure better healing of the scar.
Operating surgeon will schedule the date and time of your next visit.
On the next day after the surgery you will be able to come back to your daily activities that do not require high physical activity. Intensive physical activity is recommended as early as at least 1 week after the surgery.
If you are coming from the abroad, all details (about your flight back, the care required and post-surgical regimen) you can discuss with our doctor after the surgery.
If you feel well, on the next day after the surgery you can come back to your work, which does not require physical activities.
Medical certificate for absence from work is not issued after the plastic surgery.
Recommendations on how to behave within the first 7 days after the surgery:
- do not lift heavy items,
- have more rest and avoid getting cold,
- for the first 4 weeks sleep laying on your back (you can use the pillows to support your sides and under your knees, this will prevent from turning on your side and will ensure a comfortable body pose),
- You are allowed to take shower on the next day after the surgery, bathing is allowed 3 days later.
- when health threatening breast diseases are diagnosed,
- in case of viral diseases, infections (the surgery can be planned after complete recovery),
- in case of elevated blood pressure (the physician will assess the associated risk for the surgery).
Why it is worth choosing us?
- Consultations and examinations – in 1 day.
- The surgery can be done on the same day or during the next week after the primary consultation.
- Hospital infection rate – 0 in 5 years.
- Hospital infection rate – 0 to 5 per year.